The B-Cast is the Official Podcast of
Mr.Belanger’s 5th Grade at Cracker Trail Elementary.
This is a page that I have used for my professional development teaching. I have taught podcasting professional development courses. Here are some resources to go along with those classes.
- Defining “podcasting”
- Why are we learning this?
- Usefulness & curriculum connections
- Lame MP3 Converter
- Update FirstClass client
- Record & export first audio clip
- Homework: Record introduction to your podcast
- Deal with any questions or problems
- FirstClass Web Publishing
- Create Homepage (if needed)
- Create Podcast Folder
- Link from homepage to Podcast folder
- Create New Episode/ upload MP3
Here are some videos I created to help you with podcasting.
My session II presentation
My session I presentation
How to record with Audacity.
How to upload to FirstClass.
Here are some tips to make your broadcast a success!
- Know your segment VERY well. Have it close to memorized.
- Speak slowly and clearly so that your audience can understand you.
- Do not touch or move the microphone. You will hear it on the recording.
- Be quiet if you are not the speaker. The microphone is sensitive and will pick up any little noises in the background.
- Avoid rustling your papers when at the microphone. Put the paper on the table if you need to read from it.
- Be interested in what you are saying – your voice will show it if you’re not!
- Do not move around when speaking into the microphone- plant your feet!
- Don’t get too close to the microphone. It will distort your voice and your audience won’t be able to understand you.
<< Back Home