Today is: Thursday,26 May,2016 12:33:37 AM
| IB HISTORY 11TH|
Turn It In # 10402423
Extra Credit Assignment-Due no late than 5/20
Access the data base below.
1. Read the introduction and the 1863 preliminary report of the inquiry commission to Sec. of War Stanton.
2. Summarize their findings.
3. Read the Final Report of the Inquiry Commission.
and summarize the findings.
5. Analyze the successes and failures of the Freedmen's Bureau.
6. Read the summary of on the following data bases:
7. According to the slaves interviewed, was the Freedmen's Bureau a success?
8. Explain the values and limitations of the slave interviews collected as part of the WPA during the Great Depression (an FDR Relief project).
Due 5/6, 9 End of Slavery in Americas Country
Due 5/10, 11 American Pageant Chapter 24 Questions
Due 5/12, 13 American Pageant Chapter 25 Questions
Due 5/16, 17 American Pageant Chapter 26 Questions
link to America the Story of US-Westward
Due 5/19 , 20 Harvard Board of Trustees Meeting
Due 5/23, 24 Russian Revolution Reading:
1. Read the Overview and summarize.
2. Define all highlighted terms (omit dates)
3. Read and summarize "From July to October" and "History of the Russian Revolution" both by Trotsky
(for extra credit: - "Ten Days That Shook the World".
4. Briefly describe all people on list.
Due 5/24, 25 Read and summarize-Readings on Lenin:
Due 5/26, 27 World War I Handout and questions
Due 5/28, 29 World War I Reading
| VISIONS AND COUNTERVISIONS|
Turn It In #10402410
online textbook access:
set book to The Americans
Due 5/18, 19 Access the "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley on link below:
Read and briefly summarize Chapters 1-4
The Ascent of Money:
(watched 53 minutes)
Due 5/20, 23 Read and summarize Chapters 5-9
Due 5/24, 25 Read and summarize Chapters 10-15
Due 5/26, 27 Read and summarize Chapters 16-18 and prepare for test.
VISIONS AND COUNTERVISIONS FINAL EXAM
A. CHOOSE ONE INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS HAD A SIGNIFICANT EFFECT ON THE WORLD.
B. PREPARE A POWERPOINT, PREZI, VIDEO, POSTER, SONG, POEM, COMIC BOOK EXPLAINING THE EFFECT ON THE WORLD HAD THIS PERSON NEVER BEEN BORN.
C. PRESENTATION MUST INCLUDE THE POLITICAL, SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS OF THE REMOVAL OF THIS INDIVIDUAL FROM HISTORY.
PLEASE WRITE A LETTER TO ME DATED JUNE 1, 2036 EXPLAINING ALL THAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN YOUR LIFE SINCE I SAW YOU LAST.
BRING A PRINTED COPY OF THE LETTER TO CLASS FOR THE FINAL EXAM AND WE WILL HERMETICALLY SEAL IT AND RETAIN IT IN MY CLOSET UNTIL THEN.
| IB HISTORY 12TH|
TURN IT IN
5/2 3B Review for Paper 1
5/4 After exam-3B-Star Wars-Logan Birthday
REVIEW FOR PAPER 2
5/6 Starbucks Review after school
Last Modified: 24 May,2016